This story doesn’t write itself. And just like cancer, I can’t do this all by myself. I have a vision of a world where we all feel less isolated, where we all know that we matter and our lives matter and we are significant. But I need your help.
And there are so many ways that you can do that.
- From giving of your time, energy or resources
- To running for someone
- To being someone we want to run for
All are welcome … so go ahead and find the way that you want give that is meaningful for you. And if you don’t see something that you think needs doing, go ahead and tell me about it, so that we can add it to the list.
What time, energy or resources do you want to offer?
We need every kind of help, from:
- Coordinating and organizing events and logistics
- Finding or offering venues where our runners and fighters can first meet
- Video taping the story as it unfolds
- Finding potential sponsors (for the day of or for the meeting of the runners and fighters), or organizations who might want to match donation dollars
- Helping to find the team, both runners and fighters, for run day – Oct 5th, maybe accessing the connections and resources you have for that
- A connection to someone in media who wants to cover this story
- Other connections that we don’t know we need yet
- Supporters for the day of, cheerleading fans to come out and celebrate the runners
- Figuring out a way for the fighters to get to tune in on the day of the run
- Brainstorming creative ideas for how to make all of this happen
- Creating graphics, t-shirts, or other creative things to take this to the next level
- Helping me to coordinate all of these great ideas and offers!!
Are you ready to run?
We are looking for at least 10 runners for whom the following is true. Are/do you:
- Interested in bringing hope to people who feel isolated
- Value what is it to have your health, to be able to run (and you can run, for 5km) and you want to share that with someone who can’t
- Welcome the possibility of an ongoing connection, to someone wrestling with the impact of cancer
- Willing to help find the person, the cancer crusader/fighter, who would value this kind of love, support and connection (see below for the profile of that person)
- Open to having your story, this story, capture and/or told on TV or written about in the paper/magazines, or social media
Are you who we’re running for?
- In breast cancer treatment right now
- Unable to participate in the Run for the Cure because of the effects of treatment, or cancer, or because your health is poor
- Feeling isolated, and don’t have as much support during the cancer treatment process as you wish you had – looking for a bit of hope, and to be a part of a different story
- Open to ongoing connecting with someone around this, and sharing your story, your dreams, your frustrations
- Willing to have your story, this story, capture and/or told on TV or written about in the paper/magazines, or social media
Whichever of these you are up for, fire me an email at Signy@signywilson.com, but please make it easier for me by putting in your subject line one of the following:
- I’m ready to run
- I’m who you are running for
- I want to help behind the scenes
And let me know how (and why, if you feel like it) you want to help.
Be sure to like and check back to my fan page for updates on what is happening when.
And most importantly…
Join us and become a part of the story!