I’ve been spending a lot of time in time-off mode lately. And I’ve got to let you in on a little secret… it’s pretty freaking fantastic! Not only do I get to lounge about in my PJ’s all day if I want to, I am finally able to do some much needed thinking, reflecting and rejuvenating. So, here are 10 reasons why you should take a week off, soon!
- September is just around the corner and we all know how crazy that can get. This is the last week of summer; you might as well enjoy it!
- Spend some time in nature. Enjoy the beauty that Mother Nature has created before the dark months of winter creep in.
- Take time to get together with dear friends. We all know once the school year sets in again, friends are going to be far too busy taxiing kids from here to there.
- Savour romantic time with your partner.
- Bask in a bit of self-care. Get a massage, go for a swim, or make the kind of dinner that makes you happy (not everybody else).
- It’s the exhale. We can’t just stay in busy mode all the time. (That would be hyperventilating…) We need to have a balance between the inhales and the exhales.
- Explore that new restaurant/café/ shop/neighbourhood/beach that has been on your list for ages but you’ve still never made it to.
- Get creative. Take on some DIY, drop in to the pottery studio or sit alone colouring. Important thing is to get those juices flowing!
- Sleep. I can guarantee you probably need it.
- You work hard all year long. Stop guilting yourself out of time off. Take it and just enjoy it!
Rest and rejuvenation will look different for different people so some of this is an exercise in figuring out what it looks like for you. Once you’ve done that, it’s so much easier to start to create rituals around it that will last the whole year.
Okay over to you:
When’s the last time you took a week off? What are some of your favourite relaxation activities? I’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment below.