So many of us have so many things going on. Not just so many… too many.
We are overwhelmed, panicked about getting it all done, and frankly exhausted. It seems to just be “the way it is”. Or is it?
What if life could be different. What if we could choose, and then stay committed and connected to our CORE PRIORITIES.
What would that be like?
What would that give us?
And most importantly… How would we do that?
It isn’t an easy question, and if there was an easy answer we would all be living that life, the holy grail of balance and fulfillment. But there has to be at least a few baby steps we can take to get us started and moving in the right direction.
What could that look like?
Here is what I discovered in a recent coaching course (and yes, if you are noticing that there is a theme to where I get some of my big a-has, you are right)…
3 Steps to Better Prioritization:
- We need to get clear, like really, really clear about what matters MOST to us. And I am talking about the ONE to THREE things, not the top 10, not nesting that top 10 into 2, to make it look like a less overwhelming list. But the top ONE to THREE things. No kidding.
- We need to focus on how to express that or move toward that EVERY SINGLE DAY. Not every week, not once in a while – but regularly, daily. Because otherwise it goes dormant; it gets swept under the rug of other more pressing things (we all know that one, am I right?). This might involve having to break it down into super micro steps or pieces, but that is do-able and sometimes even helps, because when we commit to less stuff but more regularly we are more likely to do it, and that builds momentum. And momentum helps, a lot.
- Commit to someone else. Get some accountability to keep you on track. Not an app, but a human. Someone who can say… “What happened?” when you fall off the wagon. Someone who is caring and compassionate, but also persistent, and who has your best interests at heart… someone willing to speak up and be a champion for what you say (and know) is most important.
So with all that said… it seems only right that I share with you (because you are a human) what I have identified as most important in my world, work and otherwise, right now, so that you can remind me, inspire me, and be relentless with me, in support of my making my dream manifest in this world.
- My relationship with Source/my Highest Self/the Goddess. And the daily practises that keep me connected and aligned with my true self. ‘Nuff said.
- Moving the dial on my work around women, gender equity and the allyship that men can provide women in the work world. So coaching women in leadership, to understand where they are selling out on their feminine in order to be successful in a masculine world has long since been my niche. But it never occurred to me until recently that I wanted to take that message out to a larger audience. So now I am doing just that. I have created a keynote offering about Gender Equity: From Taboo to Together. I am working on creating a workshop on Allyship, and have launched my free Women’s Work Zoom conversation, where we look at how to increase healthy feminine energy in the world so that we can come to more balance. These free calls happen the first Monday of every month, at noon PT. Come join us and get into the conversation!
- My own work in the world coming to see the light of day. I love the work I do for other people, love it, it is very fulfilling for me, and has a powerful impact for others. AND when I put most of my attention there, my own work/contribution/passion suffers, gets less air time and languishes. I am talking about my brand: Signýficant Living. And the programs (like the Making a Signýficant Living: Mastermind Group that is launching this May, the Making a Signýficant Living: The Keynote, and the Signýficant Living Webinar series) that are a part of that.
How about you?
Do you want to play?
Ok, over to you:
What are your top priorities and how will you keep yourself focused there?