This is an invitation.
An invitation to YOU.
Come and join me on the journey of pursuing our dreams, our biggest, boldest, most exciting dreams. You know, the ones that you ache for but don’t believe that you can really have because it just seems so meaningful, so important, so juicy and so very impossible.
This week I started on my journey (well, there was a lot of metaphorical packing that had to go on behind the scenes for the last few months, but I will talk about that too). Now that I have cleared the space in my life (and those of you who know me know that that was a journey unto itself) to start dreaming, and start manifesting, and start the hard but rewarding work of applying myself to creating the world that I want to live in (one that works for me, not one that I work around to fit into what others need)… well, it is time to do just that.
I don’t kid myself that it will be effortless. And I know that there will be bumps along the way, and some confusing, windy side roads, and a few stop signs that I will need to decide if I am going to wait around at or just carry on. But I also know that it will be exciting, and fun, and breathtaking.
So back to why I got started on this little post… I want to invite you along. And yes, by that I mean to follow along what I am up to, comment, have your say, etc. But also I want you to COME along, to let this be a calling forth for you to name your current dream, one that seems a bit audacious and out of reach. One that will be easier to reach if you go with a friend. Where we can inspire each other to climb the tough hills and celebrate the victories, great and small along the way.
Here is what it is going to look like:
- Each week on Tuesday I will post a video to my blog either with my own observations and process of what is it like for me to be pursuing my dreams, stepping into my greatness, etc and/or with suggestions or ideas on how to do so, what to avoid, etc
- Then, ideally, we have a conversation (through comments) about what it is like, what people are learning, what is happening in their process, questions, whatever.
- Through the process of growing together, sharing the journey, and having a place where we can be supported in our dreams – we all move toward it faster!!
Here is what you need to do (Ok, you don’t NEED to do any of this, but it will make this process more powerful and more fun, so why not, right?):
- Get clear on a next step in your life, a dream or vision that you have for yourself. Something that hasn’t been easy for you to achieve on your own. You might share it with everyone, you might not. The value comes in you knowing what you want to create or change.
- Have a journal, or a dedicated place that you can record what is happening for you, what you are learning, where you are tripping or trapped, etc
- Be willing to take a really honest hard look at yourself – where you are selling out on yourself, where you are playing small. And we willing to do something different.
- Enroll a friend. Someone who you trust, someone you can talk to about the scary spots and who is good at celebrating you in the victories. Someone for whom you can do the same. And have them be your buddy in this process. So that you can be accountable to them, and go deeper than you might go in this public venue.
That’s all. Don’t make it harder than it has to be. In fact the name of this game is to make it as fun as possible. And it all starts next week!
So what do you say…
Do you want to be off to Great Places?
I know your mountain, like my mountain, is waiting…
So… let’s get you on your way!