I did it! I completed my 12th Run for a Cure on Sunday, September 30.
There were so many highlights to this year’s run… including the fact that I ran it with a full head of hair (no signs of chemo on me)! Here are a few of the fun pieces:
- I was running in a crowd of over 15,000 people… CIBC and the CBCF sure have done an amazing job of turning the run in to the fabulous event it is!
- I met a breast cancer survivor along the road – she totally inspired me, actually bringing me to tears. I’ll share more about her story in my next post.
- Two of my dear friends shared the run with me (Jayn and Seana).
- This year I brought along someone new to the run, who had never done it before – Peter, and it was neat to see the impact that the run’s significance had on him.
- I raised $1,910 to fight the good fight against breast cancer! Thanks to all those who donated (Katy, Vilborg, Miriam, Matt, Jillian, Maria, Patty, Nicole, Jodi, Lisa, Jeannie, Eleonore, Anne-Marie, Caroline, Katrina and Una).
This year was a total success – thanks to everyone who participated, donated and cheered me on… know that I am so grateful for it and for having you in my life!!
With the Run still on my mind, I want to make sure you all know that it is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Did you know that there will be an estimated 22,700 women in Canada diagnosed with breast cancer and 5,100 women will die from the disease in 2012? As citizens of the world, we all need to rally together and fight back against cancer. I encourage you to take action today and book yourself a mammogram if you have not had one in the past two years and remind all the women in your lives to also do so.
How will you be spreading awareness of Breast Cancer Awareness Month? I think I’ll wear extra pink this month (which might mean am wearing it every day)!