Participation is a life choice. We’ve been talking a lot about decisions in the last few months, but if we’re not choosing the perspective of participation then we are choosing passivity and waiting.
So here’s the challenge: Participate. When you might normally (consciously or not) make the choice for inaction, make the choice for action instead.
Here are some situations that you might likely say no to. I challenge you to participate and choose yes instead!
- When people invite you out and you’re sitting on the fence, say yes.
- Deciding between going for a walk and watching TV, choose the action. Go for a walk.
- When seeing other people getting involved in the community, choose to join them! As long as it’s something you’re also excited about, don’t wait to see how it turns out for your friend, jump into action!
- If a friend invites you to the opera and you don’t know if you like opera, go find out!
- If a friend invites you bungee-jumping and you think you might be too chicken for that, go find out!
- If a friend invites you to go to Italy and you’re not sure if you’ll enjoy travelling, go find out! (But only after you’ve introduced that friend to me!)
- When someone smiles or flirts with you, smile and flirt right back (and this applies to both the married and unmarried, because a little innocent extramarital flirting can bring some fun back into the marriage!) .
- When you are at a restaurant and about to order the same old things… pick something different and discover how you feel about something new.
- If you are invited to an event where you won’t know anyone, or you don’t know if you will know anyone… say yes to the invitation and meet some new people.
Okay over to you:
What are other situations you should be saying ‘yes’ to? How has saying ‘yes’ impacted your daily life and mood? I’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment below.