Well that just about says it all. But in case you need more…
This last weekend I went to the World Domination Summit, yes that is right, the World Domination Summit. Sounds more dangerous than it is (at least that is what I told the border guards) – in fact the only really dangerous thing about it is that it is about changing the world, to one of: giving back; making a difference; being our true, fully expressed, authentic selves and living full out. Which when you think about our world today might actually be considered dangerous because it really is a slap in the face of the status quo.
Take that!! Or as Brene Brown would say (with body language to match) Suck It!
Suffice it to say – it was amazing. 1000 like-minded people, in the beautiful city of Portland OR, on a stunningly sunny weekend – getting inspired to live a bigger game. Sigh. It was what my summer camps should have been when I was little. It is the very thing that brings me the most alive and reminds me who I am and what I am about and that it is time to START GETTING ON WITH MY LIFE. You know, my real life. The one where I focus on what is important to me, and get on with doing what I am really here to do, regardless of details and obstacles and habits and excuses.
And it is a much more pleasant way to go about getting reminded of that than cancer was (although cancer did do a very good job of it). So YAY WDS and YAY Chris Guillebeau and his great team. And just plain old YAY!!! Because weekends like this remind me that life is so very grand.
And while it is great to be inspired, as I was reminded (again and again and again) inspiration without action is just good ideas and dreams. So what is to become of all this excitement? How can I harness and leverage it for good? What is next to keep all this learning alive, and make it real in the world?
Well these are all great questions and here are my commitments (because public commitments, made with integrity, and see and tracked by those that are great at holding accountability is what leads to real and concrete change).
- Sign up to WDS2013 by the end of today
- Go to charitywater.org/birthdays and learn how to donate my birthday for a cause
- Get the first draft of the book written by end of November – Holy shit, did I just write that?!?
- Follow up with the great people I met – about regular meet ups, about TV show ideas, about referrals, and about just plain staying connected with good people
- Launching my Seven Spiritual Laws of Success project by end of August at the latest – stay tuned for more on that!
- Reflect on what key pieces of WDS I want to keep alive for me and how to do that. That is a bit vague so I will tighten it to: spending 3 hours this week, reflecting, capturing, and synthesizing those ideas/pieces and then sharing them with one of my new WDS buddies
There are probably lots of other things I could say (and do), but to keep it manageable (and practice the Power of Focus – thanks JD Roth) I will stop there for now, with promises of more to come later…
What will you commit to?